Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to integrate excel with oracle forms
How to integrate excel with oracle forms [message #445609] Tue, 02 March 2010 22:57 Go to next message
meena.g
Hi All,

how to integrate excel with oracle forms ? that it looks like a detail block.if i give 20 in a test item if i click on a button it should display 20 records in a from 10g that records look like excel records .

If any one knows please reply me ........

Thanks
-----------
GSR.....
Re: How to integrate excel with oracle forms [message #445654 is a reply to message #445609] Wed, 03 March 2010 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora_baby
why you need to integrate excel with oracle forms?
you may:
- use excel as external table
- use heterogeneous services and work with excel as table
Re: How to integrate excel with oracle forms [message #445712 is a reply to message #445609] Wed, 03 March 2010 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi ,

--1 integrate Excel IN FORMS
an Solution ( Java_Bean ) to intregate Excel in FORMS
is not availible. ( or work is in progress, see:
www.degenio.com/.../new-year-and-new-resolutions-excel-like- javabean-for-oracle-forms/ )

--2 Excel as external Application
Use WEB_UTIL.

--3 FORMS only
What do you want exactly? --> Input 20 -->20 Rows
--> Input 10 --> 10 Rows visible etc.
When there is very limited Number of Detail-rows to display (all as FORMS-rows not Excel). You can build different blocks , on diff. canvases.

Please tell more about the application you will build.

Gregor
Re: How to integrate excel with oracle forms [message #445762 is a reply to message #445654] Thu, 04 March 2010 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meena.g
Hi,

In my application need to show the EXCEL in the FORM as a detail block.The detail block with many rows and columns should be an EXCEL.

I created one text item and one button .for example Now i want 10 rows in detail block if i mention 10 in that text item then i click that button it should be display 10 rows in detail block that detail block should be an excel sheet.some times i need 40 rows then i click that button it should be display 40 rows that detail block should be in excel.
Re: How to integrate excel with oracle forms [message #447401 is a reply to message #445762] Mon, 15 March 2010 01:18 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

This is NOT how Oracle Forms works. If you want this functionality use VB. To process records that have been stored in an Excel file then read them, process them, and then write them back.

David
Previous Topic: PDE-PLI018 Could Not find Library
Next Topic: FRM-40202: Field must be entered.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:33:24 CDT 2024