Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Include multiple envFile (Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR1 with Forms and Reports)
Include multiple envFile [message #445725] Wed, 03 March 2010 10:23 Go to next message
jfsaucier
Hi,

Here is my problem : I have 7 applications to deploy on Forms server, each with there own applicationsX.env file. In formsweb.cfg, I specify an envFile directive in each applications specific section.

The problem is that I would prefer not to copy default.env 7 times just to add 2-3 specific directives. I would like to always include default.env + applicationsX.env for example.

Is there a way to specify multiple env file in the envFile directive?

Thank you very much for your help.
Re: Include multiple envFile [message #447400 is a reply to message #445725] Mon, 15 March 2010 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

Please review the 'config' blocks available in 'formsweb.cfg'. I am of the belief that you do not need to touch the 'default.env' EVER!

David
Re: Include multiple envFile [message #447492 is a reply to message #447400] Mon, 15 March 2010 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jfsaucier
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. In fact, it's the opposite that I want to do. Let's say for example that I have a different FORMS_PATH in each application, what I would like to do is this in my config block :

[application1]
envFile=/path/to/env/application1.env

[application2]
envFile=/path/to/env/application2.env

But, if I do this, the default.env in not included and Forms doesn't work (it cannot find ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CLASSPATH, etc).

So, in an ideal world, I would do this :

[application1]
envFile=default.env:/path/to/env/application1.env

[application2]
envFile=default.env:/path/to/env/application2.env

But it doesn't work...

So, what I did is to copy the content of default.env in each applicationX.env file... But this is less than optimal for me...
Re: Include multiple envFile [message #448727 is a reply to message #447492] Thu, 25 March 2010 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can make this work on an Oracle Application Server but I don't think you can do it on the Developer Server.

David
Re: Include multiple envFile [message #448892 is a reply to message #445725] Thu, 25 March 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jfsaucier
This is on the Application Server that I want to do this.

Anyway, the Developer Server use the same configuration syntax as the Application Server and I didn't find a way to do this on both.
Re: Include multiple envFile [message #449275 is a reply to message #448892] Mon, 29 March 2010 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I believe that you need to install the Application Server multiple times in different 'named' directories. Then in each replicate of the Application Server you can have the configuration you require.

I think you need to assign each Application Server to a different port, then when the user requests a particular application then 'something' (DNS?) will direct the user to the necessary AS:post combination.

This is from memory of a conversation I had years ago.

David
Re: Include multiple envFile [message #449400 is a reply to message #445725] Mon, 29 March 2010 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi jfsaucier,

If your FORMS-Applications have different names,
and The "FORMS_PATH" is the only Differenz you can
add all Dircetories to your FORMS_PATH.

so you need only one .env-file

Re: Include multiple envFile [message #449417 is a reply to message #449400] Mon, 29 March 2010 08:24 Go to previous message
jfsaucier
djmartin : No, we don't need to install multiple Applications Servers to run multiple applications. We just need to have different env section in formsweb.cfg for each applications.

gregor : That's a good idea but it's not possible here because of the layout the applications are developed. We have files with the same name in each applications but with different versions in each. So, we cannot mix the FORMS_PATH between them. Thanks for the hint anyway, it will serve me at another place!
Previous Topic: Unique constraint violated
Next Topic: Calling URL from Forms with Locking the Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:02:10 CDT 2024