Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » hard coding application server ip in oracle forms (oracle 9i)
hard coding application server ip in oracle forms [message #449810] Thu, 01 April 2010 02:08 Go to next message
coolyogi4u

Is it possible to hard code application server ip in oracle forms
using plsql code. I am trying to open one form in my application but its giving me error as no data found. the application is using windows authentication. Unfortunately i dont have access to source code of the forms.But i think there might be a possiblitity that application server/ db server ip might have hard coded in that forms so its may not be pointing to actual app server/db server.
Re: hard coding application server ip in oracle forms [message #449816 is a reply to message #449810] Thu, 01 April 2010 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY can change data block's DML data source using DML_DATA_TARGET_NAME property.

LOGON built-in performs logon processing.

However, perhaps there's really no data there ... did you check the database itself (querying via SQL*Plus)?

Moreover, where and when does this error appear? What can you see in Help - Display Error?
Re: hard coding application server ip in oracle forms [message #449881 is a reply to message #449810] Thu, 01 April 2010 17:11 Go to previous message
gregor
Hi coolyogi4u,

when you get an "no data found"
it is possible that you have an connection to a
database :
- can you check the Last queries with Oracle_enterprise-mgr. or
TOAD
Previous Topic: FRM-40039 Cannot attach a library while opening a form
Next Topic: displaying data in a form called from another
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:44:57 CDT 2024