Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Changes in Form45 (Forms 4.5)
Changes in Form45 [message #457498] Mon, 24 May 2010 18:29 Go to next message
heyit
Hi Gurus,

Please help me if you can!

I have been asked to support an application which was developed in Forms 4.5. I have experience in Oracle database but I'm almost zero in any front end development.
As a first task I have been asked to remove a couple of field from one of the screen and then change the value of one of the field.

I would be really thankful from the bottom of my heart if someone can give me guidance step-by-step.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hey!
Re: Changes in Form45 [message #457517 is a reply to message #457498] Tue, 25 May 2010 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I tried to help on dBforums. Though, perhaps you'd rather continue discussion here because - as far as I can tell - there aren't many Forms developers there (while on OraFAQ you'll find people who can discuss the issue).
Re: Changes in Form45 [message #457604 is a reply to message #457498] Tue, 25 May 2010 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi Heyit,
your Question1: "..remove a couple of field from one of the screen.."
Answer:
-- open your Form; then use the Objectnavigator
-- open CANVAS node -- double-click on a Canvasname - a Visual Repesentation of a canvas is displayed
-- click on the item you wish, that it isn't displayed, then right-mouse-click, choose Attributpalette , there goto section physical- change Property of canvas to <NULL> and visible to "No". ( Ready)
-- Check under Menu->Edit -> Find and Replace for your_ITEMNAME,
if there is a reference in some PL/SQL, to your_itemname . i.E. go_item('..your_itemname'); or set_item_property('your_itemname',.,..) , this statements must be changed/delete.

your Question2: ".. then change the value of one of the field."
Answer: I don't know what you want to change. A value comes normally from a databasetable. Do you mean the length or datatype or ?
Re: Changes in Form45 [message #457691 is a reply to message #457604] Tue, 25 May 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heyit
Thanks for reply!

Here are some more details as you asked.

Here are the details it is Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.0 running on UNIX.

1 requirement - there is list of value on the form like:

2 of the rows like 30 and 50 needs to be removed.

2 requirement - value 40 needs to be replaced with 70.

Please let me know if after making these changes I need to compile this form or all the forms. Also how to compile and deply this form back to application.

Kindly help and suggest.

Appriciate your help.

Hey!
Re: Changes in Form45 [message #457727 is a reply to message #457691] Tue, 25 May 2010 14:47 Go to previous message
gregor
Hi Heyit,
Question1: "...there is list of value on the form like..'
Answer: List_of_values are based on a record_group (if it isn't defined dynamicly). --> look at(Navigator-ItemProperty) item Property - then look at(Navigator-LovProperty )LOV_NAME->look at LOV_PROPERTY Property -- Change the Select of the record-Group ( ´perhaps you have to change also the Base-Table of the recordgroup, i.E add a column "select_allowed" J/N)

Ouestion 2: "do I need to compile this form or all the forms*
Answer: Yes . -- I think it's ok, to compile only this form ( but not for you ,with Forms 4,5, on the Application-server again, you have no App.Server)
Forms 4.5 is , Client-Server-architure, under Windóws , .. once compiled local , you can deploy the generated <your_form.fmx> file to the directory acessible for your clients-PC's.

PS: Why Forms 4.5, Confused migrate !!!

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Bypassing the login screen
Next Topic: Where to download Oracle forms 4.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 19:52:06 CDT 2024