Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How many minimum NUP licenses for Oracle 10g AS Enterprise Edition we have to purchase? (Application Server Licensing Policy)
How many minimum NUP licenses for Oracle 10g AS Enterprise Edition we have to purchase? [message #476245] Wed, 22 September 2010 05:10
shyamalesh
We are having one Intel Xeon quad core Processor based server grade machine. We would like to install Oracle 10g Application Server Enterprise Edition supporting Forms and Reports on it. We have maximum 10 users at the moment and that is why we would like to go for Named User Plus (NUP) License for 10 users and NOT Processor Based License.

(i) Is it OK to purchase NUP License for 10 users for 10g Application Server Enterprise Edition for a machine with Intel Xeon quad core processor based server grade machine?

(ii) Or, we have to calculate the number of users based on multiplying factors due to the cores? But the Software Investment Guide (See paragraph on NUP Metric on Page 13) or the Oracle Technology Global Price List (See NUP Definition on Page 9) really does not talk about multiplying factor based on cores of the processor for NUP license.

(iii) Please clarify whether multiplying factor is applicable only for Processor based license and NOT applicable for NUP license.

I am getting different answers from different offices/distributors. Therefore, I request you to kindly help me regarding the licensing policy for Oracle 10g AS Enterprise Edition for NUP based License (for Minimum Number of users) for Intel Xeon quad core Processor based server.

An early point wise reply will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shyamalesh Khan
Previous Topic: Debugging a Form 10g
Next Topic: Use of DB Link in D2K Form and report 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:19:23 CDT 2024