Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to check a file size on the forms server machine (Forms 10g R2, Linux)
How to check a file size on the forms server machine [message #477277] Wed, 29 September 2010 18:31 Go to next message
salozano
Hi. I am writing a program for doing some file transfer between the client machine and the application server.

I am using Webutil_File_Transfer.Client_To_AS to do the transfer and also using Webutil_File.File_Size to check on the file size at the source.

Once the transfer is complete, I also need to check on the destination file size (the application server running on Linux) for verification purposes and can't find the way to do it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a million.
Re: How to check a file size on the forms server machine [message #477309 is a reply to message #477277] Thu, 30 September 2010 01:19 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
File size is not really the best way to check whether file transfer was successful or not. Perhaps you should consider other options, such as CRC (Cyclic redundancy check) and MD5. There are (free) tools that are capable of computing these values, so - perhaps you could search the net.

As of your question: no idea, really.
Previous Topic: install webUtil-106 and Jacob_18
Next Topic: form builder 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:34:14 CDT 2024