Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Losing Globals (Oracle 11g, Forms 11 (32 bit), Windows 7)
Losing Globals [message #479483] Sun, 17 October 2010 22:50 Go to next message
robertspaanderman
Hi
I'm trying to migrate our forms application from a Linux platform to Windows 7. We have a common pll which is attached to all forms and unfortunately relies heavily on globals.
Attempting to run the application with the standard library attached to the login form has the effect that the globals are lost between the login form and subsequent forms. If I incorporate the library code directly into the login form, it functions correctly. If I use the debugger to track where the clearing occurs, it functions correctly.
Does this ring any bells with anybody? Anybody else had this problem or an idea about what could be happening? Something to do with the cache being cleared at startup?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Re: Losing Globals [message #479485 is a reply to message #479483] Mon, 18 October 2010 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do directories contain spaces in their names? If so, try to put the application (which includes libraries) into a directory that does not have spaces (such as "c:\my_forms" instead of "c:\my forms").

Does case sensitivity has any role in the whole story?

If none of above helps, no further ideas at the moment.

I will, though, move your topic into the Forms forum. Hopefully, people who are experienced Forms users will see it and provide assistance (I'm not sure they'll notice it if the topic remains here, in the Windows forum). If you'd, however, want it to be moved back, please, report this message to a moderator and it will be done.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2010 00:45]

Report message to a moderator

icon12.gif  Re: Losing Globals [message #479489 is a reply to message #479485] Mon, 18 October 2010 01:16 Go to previous message
robertspaanderman
Hi Littlefoot
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have made sure that the directories have no spaces in them as well as making sure everything is just right (but obviously not right enough...)
Also thanks for moving the post to the correct area.
Rob
Previous Topic: Launch Web Service Forms 6i C/S
Next Topic: ora-01017, Frm-41352
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:29:57 CDT 2024