Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Populating detail records without Navigation. (Oracle forms 10g, Windows)
Populating detail records without Navigation. [message #493546] Tue, 08 February 2011 10:22 Go to next message
infosuresh2k

Hi,

I have 2 non data base blocks, these 2 blocks act like master details but there is no relation.

in header block i have 2 fields called "Product name" and "Product Type"

in detail block having 2 tab pages one having multi record(20 item number and name displayed on it)
another one having single record but it has around 20 image items displayed on it.

My requirement is once i enter the product name and then if i press either "key tab" or "Key Enter" or "Mouse Move" from product name field
into product type field then detail record should be populated automatically without using go_block and go_item.

Regards,
Suresh.V
Re: Populating detail records without Navigation. [message #493548 is a reply to message #493546] Tue, 08 February 2011 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
There are exactly two ways of populating a block:
1) Use execute_query
2) go to the block programmatically and populate each record in turn using code to assign each item and then use go_record or next_record to go to the next record.

There isn't a third way.
Re: Populating detail records without Navigation. [message #493549 is a reply to message #493548] Tue, 08 February 2011 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
OK - there is a third way - users enter data manually on screen. but that's not what you're after either.

Why exactly do you want to avoid go_block?
Re: Populating detail records without Navigation. [message #493552 is a reply to message #493549] Tue, 08 February 2011 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
infosuresh2k

See the attached image, in that user will enter product name and they will just use mouse to move into some other field then we have to populate the below images(see the attachment) automatically.

regards,
suresh.v
Re: Populating detail records without Navigation. [message #493557 is a reply to message #493552] Tue, 08 February 2011 11:32 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You can use when-new-item-instance to cope with the mouse navigation issue. You're still going to have to write code that'll actually go to the block in question to populate it though.
You can write the code so that it'll send the cursor back to where it started when you're done populating the block.
Previous Topic: Migration to Forms 11g
Next Topic: Hierarchical Tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 22:27:50 CDT 2024