Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » new version for Windows vista or windows 7 (oracle 8i & developer 6.0)
new version for Windows vista or windows 7 [message #513411] Mon, 27 June 2011 07:00 Go to next message
Mitesh Shah
Hii,

I have made 4-5 small program using oracle 8i & developoer 6.0 (form & report). The program is currently working fine with windows XP.

But now I want to upgrade my windows XP to VISTA or WINDOWS 7.

so, anyone can help me which version of oracle & developer would work with vista or windows 7 and my program will automatically upgraded or I have to do something with it. As I have lots of records in my oracle database.

Thanks & waiting for reply,

Mitesh Shah
Re: new version for Windows vista or windows 7 [message #513483 is a reply to message #513411] Mon, 27 June 2011 15:37 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Out of luck, as you'd need to upgrade to Forms 11g. In order to run that version, no client-server any more - you'd have to deploy the application to the web. Quite a lot of work for a small application.

Maybe your best option would be to install a virtual machine onto your Windows 7, install XP onto the virtual machine and run your application as you used to.
Previous Topic: Highlight field value
Next Topic: LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 21:24:03 CDT 2024