Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Access file from server via static ip at outside lan (oracle 9i,forms 6i,windows xp)
Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514373] Mon, 04 July 2011 06:29 Go to next message
rajamohankumar
Dear friends,

I am Rajamohankumar,new to this forum.This is the only site where people can share lot about oracle & forms.So I feel happy to join with you all.I am using oracle 9i release 2 and forms 6i.I have a question,I have stored all the fmx files under one folder in a single server called "MAINSERVER".From here only client system calls the forms.In am calling forms in call_form function like
call_form('\\MAINSERVER\FORMS\employee.fmx',no_hide);
here mainserver is the server name, forms is the folder name and employee is the form name in fmx format.My question is when i call form from server with in a network no problem but When i call form from outside lan that through internet via static ip forms are not called.I tried like this way call_form('\\198.52.67.66\FORMS\employee.fmx',no_hide).Here i have specified static ip and forms folder but is not working.Please someone help me how to solve this.
Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514387 is a reply to message #514373] Mon, 04 July 2011 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
When i call form from outside lan that through internet via static ip forms are not called

What happens? Any error? If so, which one?
Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514574 is a reply to message #514387] Tue, 05 July 2011 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamohankumar
It does not show any error message the form not called.The call form function tries to call the form via static ip but form not called with out any messages.

CM: removed pointless carriage returns

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2011 08:23] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514579 is a reply to message #514574] Tue, 05 July 2011 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamohankumar
Instead of call form from file system can we store form into database and then call it from anywhere.Is it possible in forms 6i with the help of save module into database option in preferences tab.

CM: removed pointless carriage returns

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2011 08:24] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514664 is a reply to message #514579] Tue, 05 July 2011 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure it will help, but - you might try to add a server into HOSTS and/or LMHOSTS file(s).

As of running a form saved into the database: can't tell for sure, but I'd say that you do need an FMX file to run the form (so my answer would be "no, you can't do that").
Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514772 is a reply to message #514664] Wed, 06 July 2011 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamohankumar
Please tell me how can I do this?.Is there any other way to solve my problem.What about FTP file accessing via static ip from forms 6i.
Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514774 is a reply to message #514772] Wed, 06 July 2011 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
tell me how can I do this

By editing these files and adding IP address and server name into them. Google for HOSTS and LMHOSTS, you'll find many examples of how to do that.

Quote:
Is there any other way to solve my problem

I wouldn't know.
Re: Access file from server via static ip at outside lan [message #514776 is a reply to message #514774] Wed, 06 July 2011 07:30 Go to previous message
rajamohankumar
Ok then I will try as per your reply.Then I will let you to know.Meanwhile if you have time please help me to do this.Am waiting for you reply.
Previous Topic: clear block
Next Topic: retrieving dynamic values forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 21:29:08 CDT 2024