Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Starting an Oracle web form on computer startup (Forms 10g 10.1.2.0.2 , windows xp)
Starting an Oracle web form on computer startup [message #515668] Tue, 12 July 2011 18:11 Go to next message
aaichah

I am developing an Oracle web form and I need the form(fmx) to start when the user turns on the computer. We don't want to go the usual way of going thru the Portal page to get to the form.

If there is a way to display Oracle web forms thru a link or any other way please advice.

We used to do it in client/server, using Orale forms 6i, by setting the property of the fmx shortcut, and hardcoding the username/password. Here we will create a generic usename, put that shortcut into the autostart-folder, and if there is a way run it when the user turns on the computer.

Thanks for any input
Re: Starting an Oracle web form on computer startup [message #515716 is a reply to message #515668] Wed, 13 July 2011 00:53 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Forms 10 run on the web. A form is opened in your web browser. It (a form) has its URL. So - put call to the web browser into the Startup folder. In FORMSWEB.CFG file, create a named configuration section (NCS) that will contain login credentials. Then use NCS in browser's URL. For example, if NCS is called "kc_sec", target URL might look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://ias_gol/clt/?/forms90/f90servlet?config=kc_sec

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2011 00:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: post_change trigger on item
Next Topic: Multiple selection in Hierarchical tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:02:49 CDT 2024