Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » auto populating records in other fields based on the inventory no. field (Oracle Forms 10g)
auto populating records in other fields based on the inventory no. field [message #515852] Wed, 13 July 2011 11:02 Go to next message
nik.gujeran
Hello There,

I am having a problem with auto populating different fields based on inventory no. field.. This is a bug giving to me to work on and i not able to figure out how to populate the other fields.

I don't know how to set any triggers for the items to auto populate and i am suppose to finish this work today..

Could someone please help..

thanks,
Nick/forum/fa/9190/0/
Re: auto populating records in other fields based on the inventory no. field [message #515854 is a reply to message #515852] Wed, 13 July 2011 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Why not just write some code in the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger of inventory no to populate the other two?
Re: auto populating records in other fields based on the inventory no. field [message #515857 is a reply to message #515854] Wed, 13 July 2011 11:47 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If this is a database block and query is enabled, include the same code (you are about to write into the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger) into the POST-QUERY one (so that the same items get populated when you query existing data).
Previous Topic: strange FORMS behavior
Next Topic: Oracle Form Issue.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:01:03 CDT 2024