Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks (10G)
problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #516462] Mon, 18 July 2011 05:46 Go to next message
poojamunj
Hello Sir/Madam,

this is Pooja Munj from India working on oracle 10G forms.
I am facing a problem in one of my primary form. Let me explain the flow:

I hv 4 blocks in my form which is basically used for travel booking for the employees in a company within India
1) Header block :- contains info abt the person who is booking the tickets for number of employees. Here i hv given booking no a primary key.

2) Employee Dtail :- Here the basic info of an employee is entered.
here i hv tkn booking numbr as a foreign key and thn gvn emp_cd & booking numbr as a composite primary key.

3) Travel Dtail :- Here the travel detail of individual employee will be entered wherein a unique trv_no will b generated 4 evry single travel. Again i hv taken foreign key as bkng_no frm 1st blck and emp_cd frm 2nd blck and tkn a composite primary key which comprises of bk_no,emp_cd and trv_no. this is used to maintain the uniquenes for single travel.

4) Vehicle Hotel Details :- This block is placed on different canvas for same form.It is meant for Other details in which details regarding hotel,vehicle etc booking aftr reaching the destination is entered. In this block thrs no primary key, but i hv taken the composite primary key of 3rd block as a foreign key since thr will be multiple entries for this one entire travel.
At evry level thr will be multiple entries for each corresponding entered record.

I am able to enter one single record properly i.e. for 1 emp i am able to enter multiple travel details and his other requirements but asi try to enter more thn one employee info, his travel details, other requirements i face an error stating foreign key constraint voilated.Parent key nt found for 3 rd level block.

How can i get the desired o/p wherein all the multiple records for evry single subsequent record are stored correctly taking all the constraints in to consideration.
Do i hv to make any changes in given constraints, please help me out. Thank you .
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #516483 is a reply to message #516462] Mon, 18 July 2011 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
1) Please use complete words. Not hv, abt, gvn....
2) Have you defined relationships between the datablocks?
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #516526 is a reply to message #516483] Tue, 19 July 2011 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poojamunj
sory for your inconvinience as i dint wrote thr completre words.

Yes Sir, i do have made realations among blocks
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #516535 is a reply to message #516526] Tue, 19 July 2011 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
What is the relationship between blocks 3 and 4 defined as in the form?
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #516595 is a reply to message #516526] Tue, 19 July 2011 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
poojamunj wrote on Tue, 19 July 2011 02:32
sory for your inconvinience as i dint wrote thr completre words.

11 words, 6 invalid words. 45% of the words are correct, that is a pretty piss poor ratio. Would you put a little effort into a post so people think you at least have some form of intelligence?
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #516596 is a reply to message #516462] Tue, 19 July 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
poojamunj wrote on Mon, 18 July 2011 06:46
Hello Sir/Madam,

this is Pooja Munj from India

Irrelevant.

Quote:

booking for the employees in a company within India

Irrelevant. Why do we need to know this?
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #517663 is a reply to message #516596] Wed, 27 July 2011 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
removing references between blocks and manipulating them manually may fix your problem
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #517665 is a reply to message #517663] Wed, 27 July 2011 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Setting up the references correctly using the datablock wizard would be a better idea.
Re: problem in entering multiple data in a form containing 4 blocks [message #517779 is a reply to message #517665] Thu, 28 July 2011 03:20 Go to previous message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
when children are more two than it become difficult to manage them normally or conventionally.
Previous Topic: how can make help screen
Next Topic: forms layout is not opened
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:04:30 CDT 2024