Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » exit button does not completely exit the form (Oracle forms 10g)
exit button does not completely exit the form [message #516766] Wed, 20 July 2011 12:32 Go to next message
nik.gujeran
Hello There,

I have received a service ticket from QA regarding one of the application forms does not close out even after the exit button is pressed. Instead, it goes to the previous record and continues to do so if there are multiple applications created and then exits at that point.

The end users are not liking that feature and I am unable to detect this error.. What kind of trigger should i apply and what do i write in this trigger..

I apologize these kinds of questions, but I am very very new to the Oracle environment..

Thank you so much for your kindest support..

Regards,
Nick
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #516767 is a reply to message #516766] Wed, 20 July 2011 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
I really do not understand the problem as described.

This may or may not help depending on what you have done to check already:

You look at code on the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger.

I don't understand when you say it doesn't exit out and then you say it exits out after going to the previous record.
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #516776 is a reply to message #516767] Wed, 20 July 2011 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is there the KEY-EXIT trigger? If so, what's in there?
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #516779 is a reply to message #516776] Wed, 20 July 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nik.gujeran
this is what i see in the KEY-EXIT trigger..
/*
* Clean up the Global memory and then
* either return to the calling form or the main menu.
*/
DECLARE
v_CallingForm VARCHAR2(20) := Get_Application_Property(CALLING_FORM);
BEGIN
/*
* erase globals here
*/

Exit_Azurite_Form(:SYSTEM.Mode,v_CallingForm); -- AZURITE Lib

EXCEPTION
WHEN Others THEN
Msg_Alert('Error occured while exiting the form. '||
' Returning to Main Menu','I',FALSE); -- Warning msg
New_Form('azumain');
END;

regards,

Nick
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #516781 is a reply to message #516779] Wed, 20 July 2011 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So the next obvious question is what does Exit_Azurite_Form do?
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #517120 is a reply to message #516781] Fri, 22 July 2011 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nik.gujeran
I really thank all of you who tried to help me with this issue... I just wanted to let you know, that this issue is been fixed.. It was a little complicated and i had to take help from a Sr. Developer who also took a while to figure this out..

But, thank you again each one of you..
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #517122 is a reply to message #517120] Fri, 22 July 2011 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What caused the problem? How did you fix it?
Re: exit button does not completely exit the form [message #517139 is a reply to message #517122] Fri, 22 July 2011 19:23 Go to previous message
nik.gujeran
ok 4 step process to fix this issue..

1. Under the Program Units, i found a procedure body named assign_globals. I added the default value to it..
default_value('','global.quit_all');
2. passed :global.quit_all := 'N'; in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger under Forms
3. passed :global.quit_all := 'Y'; in the key-exit trigger under forms
4. and lastly, IF :global.quit_all = 'Y' THEN
EXIT_FORM; in the WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED trigger under forms

compiled and tested the form, and it worked like a champ... Once again, it wasn't me atall.. It was the Sr. Developer who helped me.. It was very nice of me or otherwise, i would have never figured this out.

Previous Topic: disable save button in form 6i
Next Topic: issue with client_host
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 22:59:18 CDT 2024