Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » disable save button in form 6i
disable save button in form 6i [message #517065] Fri, 22 July 2011 04:00 Go to next message
goparaju
Hi Experts,

I am working on form 6i. I want to disable the 'SAVE' button which can be seen in the menu (front end).

Kindly help me.

Thanks.
Re: disable save button in form 6i [message #517077 is a reply to message #517065] Fri, 22 July 2011 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Could you explain the background? Why would you want to do that?

If the form contains database block(s), how would users save changes if you disable the SAVE button?

If the form does NOT contain database blocks, SAVE won't save anything anyway so - there's no need to disable it.

If you search the board, you'll see that you could try with KEY-COMMIT trigger
-- key-commit
null;
However, if users exit the form and receive "Do you want to save changes" message and answer "Yes", changes WILL be saved anyway. So - once again - what problem are you trying to solve?
Re: disable save button in form 6i [message #517085 is a reply to message #517077] Fri, 22 July 2011 06:58 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
It's better to prevent users from changing data in the first place - by setting insert and update_allowed properties, for example - than to try and prevent them from saving changes.
Previous Topic: reports to mail
Next Topic: exit button does not completely exit the form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:02:14 CDT 2024