Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » RUN_REPORT_OBJECT (merged 2) (Oracle Forms 11g)
icon4.gif  RUN_REPORT_OBJECT (merged 2) [message #519021] Mon, 08 August 2011 23:22 Go to next message
ratan19
Hello there,

I'm using the following piece of code to run reports from Oracle Forms 11g.

DECLARE
  repid REPORT_OBJECT;
  v_rep VARCHAR2(100);

BEGIN
  repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('REP_TEST_R');
  v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);           
END;

On execution, the screen does not respond. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Do I need to use WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT along with RUN_REPORT_OBJECT? If yes, then why?

Thanking you in anticipation,

--
Regards,
Ratan
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT (merged 2) [message #519069 is a reply to message #519021] Tue, 09 August 2011 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Quote:

Do I need to use WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT along with RUN_REPORT_OBJECT? If yes, then why?

Using the Oracle FormsWeb.Show_Document() Built-in to call Oracle Reports on the Web is an alternative to the Run_Report_Object() Built-in.

For more detail pls read this documentation.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/secure-webshowdoc-rep6i-133956.pdf

Regards,
Irfan
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT (merged 2) [message #519076 is a reply to message #519069] Tue, 09 August 2011 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ratan19
Thanks for the reply, Irfan! But can you please let me know that what exactly do we use RUN_REPORT_OBJECT for?

Regards
Ratan
Re: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT (merged 2) [message #519173 is a reply to message #519076] Wed, 10 August 2011 03:36 Go to previous message
ranamirfan

Dear,

Using the Forms RUN_REPORT_OBJECT() Built-in to call Oracle Reports that contain a parameter form requires code changes in Forms to run on theWeb.
The reason for Reports parameter forms not working, when called from Forms using the RUN_ REPORT_OBJECT Built-in, is an empty action attribute in the generated Reports HTML parameter form. Because RUN_REPORT_OBJECT() calls Reports directly on the server, Reports cannot access theWeb environment
to obtain the information required to populate the action attribute when generating the HTML parameter form.

Regards,
Irfan
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms 10g & DB Connection Problem
Next Topic: Deleting records from block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:02:24 CDT 2024