Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to retrieve Blob datatype in DB when migrating from forms6i to forms11g (Forms11g)
icon8.gif  Unable to retrieve Blob datatype in DB when migrating from forms6i to forms11g [message #519517] Sun, 14 August 2011 03:16
high_tech

I've recently upgraded my applications to run from Oracle forms 6i to Oracle forms 11g. But all forms containing OLE container are obsolete and I'm not able to retrieve the Blob data anymore. Knowing that the data stored in Blob column is a mixture of pdf, doc and avi files and there's no columns in the table stores the file name or extension.
And I find difficulty to solve the same problem in reports also because of the mixture of Blob data.
And I tried the following
1-I used webutil and it works fine with new insertion of data but cause error with retrieval showing error message stating that the file is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged
2- Java Bean area but got:
java.lang.SecurityException: trusted loader attempted to load sandboxed resource from server:port/forms/java/OLEConvert.jar

Do anyone have a solution??
I need an urgent solution as it's an urgent matter
Previous Topic: while creating record getting error : FRM-40654 Record Has Been Updated. Requery Block To See Change
Next Topic: Accessing Oracle forms from PDA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:05:46 CDT 2024