Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Text Item with long data type (oracle form 11g.2)
Text Item with long data type [message #522069] Tue, 06 September 2011 05:29 Go to next message
mahnazzz
Hi.
I have a form with an item with "datatype=long". when I am typing in "Arabic" or "Persian" it break the text before line ends.
but when I type in English "text" go to end line(in other words line fills to the end) and then breake to next line.It show that the problem is LANGUAGE.
If someone has any solution for this problem please help me. thanks
nls_lang=AMERICAN_AMERICA.ar8mswin1256
Regional and language/regional option=Arabic(U.A.E)
in the block/item property : wrap_style= word ----multi_line=yes
  • Attachment: form.GIF
    (Size: 13.93KB, Downloaded 674 times)
Re: Text Item with long data type [message #522160 is a reply to message #522069] Wed, 07 September 2011 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baranor
Hi Mahnazzz,

Did you check whether one of your arabic characters is not identified by accident as a linebreaker?

Regards,

Barry
Re: Text Item with long data type [message #522219 is a reply to message #522160] Wed, 07 September 2011 06:05 Go to previous message
mahnazzz
may be...,but when I change the "wrap_style" to "character" the line fill to end.but you know it separate a word and make the text meaningless .I am look for some one that face to this problem (Preferably Asian memebr) because it has problem with language(I guess) .
Regards.
Mahnaz
Previous Topic: How to cancel the Enter-Query Mode
Next Topic: how to check record status??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:28:22 CDT 2024