Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Report Excel output has rpeated header in each line! (Oracle report builder 6i + winxp)
Oracle Report Excel output has rpeated header in each line! [message #532795] Thu, 24 November 2011 14:06 Go to next message
HM75
After running my report I generate into the file by delimited type and then I save as it by XLS extension.
The problem is each row of this excel file has header repeadly!
How can I solve this problem?
Re: Oracle Report Excel output has rpeated header in each line! [message #532800 is a reply to message #532795] Thu, 24 November 2011 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How does the report output look like when you preview it in Reports Builder?
Re: Oracle Report Excel output has rpeated header in each line! [message #532802 is a reply to message #532800] Thu, 24 November 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HM75
It's ok , I mean there is one page for header and the another page including one line which are name of the fields and the other lines are the data related to the fields and the lastpage is the footer.
Re: Oracle Report Excel output has rpeated header in each line! [message #532803 is a reply to message #532802] Thu, 24 November 2011 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sounds OK ...

Although you saved the file with the XLS extension, I suppose that it is just an ordinary CSV file, isn't it? You can open it with any text editor. When you do that, how does the file look like? I'm not very optimistic, though ... Excel isn't that stupid, which most probably means that the problem is somewhere in file generation.

What happens if you omit header and footer report pages? Or, even better, include information from these pages into the report itself (i.e. so that column headers are displayed above data, on the same page)?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2011 15:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Report Excel output has rpeated header in each line! [message #533035 is a reply to message #532803] Sun, 27 November 2011 14:10 Go to previous message
HM75
Whenever I save my report(after choosing delimited report type) by .csv extention all fields will loated in just one column!
when I save my report (after choosing delimited report type) by .xls extension all field's names are repeated in each row!
Previous Topic: how can download forms and reports runtime?
Next Topic: expand a node to all it's leaf nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 06:36:43 CDT 2024