Home » Server Options » Replication » Understanding MV refresh concept
Understanding MV refresh concept [message #673718] Thu, 06 December 2018 05:44 Go to next message
purnima1
Hi All,

I have one scenario and want to discuss . If any one can give me hint how should I proceed and what next step should I follow.

We have two database D1 and d2 . Table S_ORG_***** is present in d1 and in d2 we have prepared MV with same name S_ORG_***** to bring the data from remote database d1 using db link.

We have one job that refreshes MVs at 12:00 AM EST. When I check in all_mviwes I am getting it last refresh end time as 12/6/2018 12:26:45 AM for above mentioned MV

Refresh method is script is written as force but in all_mview I can find it as FAST.

So as per my understanding we have received all the data from d1.S_ORG_***** into d2.S_ORG_***** by 12/6/2018 12:26:45 AM .

Assuming all row are coming for first time when I am running below mentioned query in d2.s_org_**** ( running on MV table)

SELECT SCN_TO_TIMESTAMP(ORA_ROWSCN), row_id FROM D2.s_org_*****

I am getting timestamp after refresh end time. As per my understanding, this means rows have entered in MV table after refresh time .

my question how this could be possible ?
What should I check further to check whether refresh is running again and again but all_mvies is not displaying this information

Please suggest what should I do next in order to analyse this issue
Re: Understanding MV refresh concept [message #673719 is a reply to message #673718] Thu, 06 December 2018 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
You neglected to provide even the most basic details like OS name & version along with Oracle version to 4 decimal places.
You have not posted any SQL & results that show any "issue" exists.

Do other similar MVIEWS exist & how does their behavior compare to what is reported above?

Why is "getting timestamp after refresh end time" a problem that needs to be solved?
Re: Understanding MV refresh concept [message #673725 is a reply to message #673719] Thu, 06 December 2018 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
You neglected to provide even the most basic details like OS name & version along with Oracle version to 4 decimal places.
You have not posted any SQL & results that show any "issue" exists.

You did not answer to our questions in your previous topics.
You did not feedback in your previous topics.
You did not post the solution you found in your previous topics.
You did not thank people who spent time to help you in your previous topics.
You posted this in the wrong forum, how is this a "security" question?

Re: Understanding MV refresh concept [message #673733 is a reply to message #673719] Thu, 06 December 2018 23:48 Go to previous message
purnima1
Hi All,

My apologies . Please find the details

Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 -
CORE 12.1.0.2.0
TNS for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 -
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 -

Getting timestamp after refresh time indicates that data was entered in View table after that time. And we have another job which use this data ,and its get started before we are having rows in MV table and we are missing some records in processing. Thats why just wanted to understand is there any bug in oracle 12c
or could this because of day light saving in EST
Previous Topic: Replication solution between two readable/writable databases
Next Topic: still error OGG-01896 is raised after dropping identity feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:36:39 CDT 2024