Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small [message #679903] Fri, 10 April 2020 10:59 Go to next message
Papan
Hi Everyone,

I am facing this error while trying to call a procedure inside of my package and getting this exception.
Below is my script:

xxx_insert_into_gl_interface(x_errbuf => x_errbuf,
x_retcode => x_retcode,
p_gl_import_batch_id => cur_batch_validation_rec.gl_import_batch_id);
here the 3rd parameter value is passing from a cursor and 1st,2nd parameter is the out parameter of my package.

PROCEDURE xxx_insert_into_gl_interface(x_errbuf OUT VARCHAR2,
x_retcode OUT NUMBER,
p_gl_import_batch_id IN NUMBER DEFAULT NULL) IS ....
So, I cannot understand from where actually it is checking the length. Please help me to debug.
Re: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small [message #679904 is a reply to message #679903] Fri, 10 April 2020 12:30 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.
Indent the code, use code tags and align the columns in result.

Also always post your Oracle version, with 4 decimals (query v$version), as often solution depends on it.

You have to tell more.
What make you think the error comes from the call of the procedure and not from inside the procedure?

Use SQL*Plus and copy and paste your session, the WHOLE session showing the actual error message.
Post the code of the procedure.

Previous Topic: windows batch file : variable assignment
Next Topic: A large number of event_id 4625: An account failed to log on
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:38:40 CDT 2024